So right now I am anxiously waiting for my
best friend other half to come visit me in Tallahassee. 🙂 🙂
Who’s excited? This girl 🙂
You see, she goes to UF. and somehow we are still friends. But after four years of living apart, we have never actually visited each other at our respected schools.
Its not because of the rivalry, I promise. I would love to visit UF but really when we decide we can take a weekend away from college, our first instinct is to go home.
So home is my where my heart is, with my family, high school friends and my opportunity to see Natalie.
Natalie isn’t just any best friend.
She was that girl who made my high school experience amazing.
She was the girl that still talked to me even though I had a thick New York accent.
She laughed at my jokes and always understood my humor.
– She always “had my back”.
– She stuck by my side through some unfortunate boy choices as well as some poor timing with boys.
– She didn’t hate me forever when I conspired with her family to get her away from a boy.
– She always inspired me to be better.
– She didn’t hate me when she found I could have gone to college with her but was unwilling to take summer classes before my freshman year and went to her enemy school instead.
– She took an Eating disorder class in college and always was willing to help, even when we both didn’t know what that meant
– She shared all our firsts together.First time talking with boys, first time dating, First time partying, First time drinking, first time doing something we regretted drinking, first time getting sick, you get the point!
-She always deleted bad picture and never uploaded pics that were not approved.
– She is irreplaceable, I am fortunate enough to have plenty of girlfriends, many of which are what I would consider best friends, but Natalie has a spot of her own; She is my other half.
– She didn’t mind that people thought we looked alike, and actually just considered us the same person.
And to be honest, I did not mind one bit in the world.
Because for as long as I can remember, if I could have been anyone it would be Natalie.
Witty, beautiful, amazing Natalie.
And lets be real, having best friends like her, made me who I am and continues to make me better.
So now, I should probably make myself presentable before she stumbles through Tallahassee for a dinner stop on her way from LSU to UF.
And because I love her, we won’t discuss football games this weekend.
Do you have best girlfriends like this?
Are a “girl” person?